|Package | PIN:||RUW | 15|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Integrated 8-mΩ and 6-mΩ MOSFETs
- Thermally Enhanced 3.5-mm × 3.5-mm HotRod™
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Eco-mode™ Pulse Skip for Higher Efficiency
- Overcurrent Protection for Both MOSFETs
- Selectable Overcurrent Protection Schemes
- Selectable Overcurrent Protection Levels
- Split Power Rail: 1.6 V to 17 V on PVIN
- 0.6-V Voltage Reference With ±1% Accuracy
- 200-kHz to 1.2-MHz Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Start-Up Into Prebiased Outputs
- Overtemperature and Overvoltage Protection
- 40°C to 150°C Operating Junction
- Adjustable Soft-Start and Power Sequencing
- Power-Good Output Monitor for Undervoltage
- SYNC_OUT Function Provides Output Clock
Signal 180° Out-of-Phase
- Supported by WEBENCH® Software Tool
- For SWIFT™ Documentation and WEBENCH,
Texas Instruments TPS54020RUWT
The TPS54020 is a 10-A, 4.5-V to 17-V input SWIFT converter. The innovative 3.5 mm × 3.5 mm HotRod package optimizes high-density step-down designs. The TPS54020 is a full-featured converter.
High efficiency is achieved through the innovative integration and packaging of the high-side and low-side MOSFETs. The TPS54020 operates at continuous current mode (CCM) at higher load conditions, and transitions to Eco-mode while skipping pulses to boost the efficiency at light loads.
Current limiting on both MOSFETs provides device and system protection. Cycle-by-cycle current limiting in the high-side MOSFET protects for overload situations. Low-side MOSFET zero current detection turns off the low-side MOSFET while operating under light loads. Three selectable current-limit thresholds allow a good fit for various applications. A hiccup or cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection scheme is also selectable.
Thermal shutdown protection disables switching when die temperature exceeds the thermal shutdown trip point and enables switching after the built-in thermal hysteresis and shutdown hiccup time.
The SS pin controls the output voltage start-up ramp and allows for selectable soft-start times. Power supply sequencing is also available by configuring the enable (EN) and the open-drain power-good (PWRGD) pins.
Two TPS54020 devices may be synchronized 180° out-of-phase by using the SYNC_OUT and CLK pins.