|Package | PIN:||DRB | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Integrated High-Side and Low-Side MOSFET
- Diode Emulation for Improved Light Load
- Peak Current Mode Control
- 90-µA Operating Quiescent Current
- 1.4-µA Shutdown Supply Current
- 50-kHz to 1100-kHz Adjustable Switching
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Internal Slow-Start
- 0.8 V ±1% Voltage Reference
- Stable With Ceramic Output Capacitors or Low-
Cost Aluminum Electrolytic
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit, Thermal, OVP and
Frequency Foldback Protection
- VSON-8 Package, 3 mm × 3 mm With Thermal
- –40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temperature
Texas Instruments TPS54061DRBR
The TPS54061 device is a 60-V, 200-mA, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter with integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs. Current mode control provides simple external compensation and flexible component selection. The non-switching supply current is 90 µA. Using the enable pin, shutdown supply current is reduced to 1.4 µA.
To increase light load efficiency the low-side MOSFET emulates a diode when the inductor current reaches zero.
Under voltage lockout is internally set at 4.5 V, but can be increased using two resistors on the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the internal slow-start time.
The adjustable switching frequency range allows efficiency and external component size to be optimized. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protects the part during an overload condition.
The TPS54061 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs, boot recharge diode, and minimizing the IC footprint with a small 3.00 mm × 3.00 mm thermally enhanced VSON package.
The TPS54061 is supported in the WEBENCH™ Designer at www.ti.com.