|Package | PIN:||RGY | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Low-Noise Output: 17 µVRMS at 100 Hz to
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 17 V
- High Efficiency: 72% at 1 A, 12V Input
- Excellent Load/Line Transient Response
- Synchronizable to External Clock: 200 kHz to 1.2 MHz
- Small Package: 3.5 mm × 5.5 mm QFN-24
Texas Instruments TPS54120RGYR
The TPS54120 combines the high-efficiency of a step-down switching (dc-dc) converter with a high power-supply rejection (PSR), low-noise, low-dropout regulator (LDO) to provide an ultra low-noise power supply that delivers quiet power rails to noise-sensitive applications.
With a wide input range of 4.5 V to 17 V, the TPS54120 is ideally suited for systems with 12-V power busses, and supports a 1-A continuous output current. The output voltage can be set from 0.8 V to 6.0 V using external resistors. The dc-dc converter and LDO are completely configurable, allowing the TPS54120 to be used in a wide range of low-noise applications. In addition, the TPS54120 includes features such as softstart, switching frequency synchronization, and a power-good signal.
The device is available in a space-saving, 3.5-mm × 5.5-mm QFN package, and is specified to operate over a –40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.