|Package | PIN:||PWP | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4.5-V to 28-V Input Range
- Output Voltage Range 0.8 V to 90% of Input Voltage
- Output Current Up to 2 A
- Two Fixed Switching Frequency Versions:
- TPS54283: 300 kHz
- TPS54286: 600 kHz
- Two Selectable Levels of Overcurrent Protection (Output 2)
- 0.8-V 1.5% Voltage Reference
- 2.1-ms Internal Soft Start
- Dual PWM Outputs 180° Out-of-Phase
- Ratiometric or Sequential Startup Modes Selectable by a Single Pin
- 100-m Internal High-Side MOSFETs
- Current Mode Control
- Internal Compensation (See Page 16)
- Pulse-by-Pulse Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection at 148°C
- 14-Pin PowerPAD HTSSOP package
- Set Top Box
- Digital TV
- Power for DSP
- Consumer Electronics
PowerPAD Is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54283PWP
TPS54283 and TPS54286 are dual output non-synchronous buck converters capable of supporting 2-A output applications that operate from a 4.5-V to 28-V input supply voltage, and require output voltages between 0.8 V and 90% of the input voltage.
With internally-determined operating frequency, soft start time, and control loop compensation, these converters provide many features with a minimum of external components. Channel 1 overcurrent protection is set at 3 A, while Channel 2 overcurrent protection level is selected by connecting a pin to ground, to BP, or left floating. The setting levels are used to allow for scaling of external components for applications not needing the full load capability of both outputs.
The outputs may be enabled independently, or may be configured to allow either ratiometric or sequential startup sequencing. Additionally, the two outputs may also be powered from different sources.