|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 145)|
- 4.5-V to 18-V Input Range
- Output Voltage Range 0.8 V to DMAX × VIN
- Fully Integrated Dual Buck: 1.5 A and 2.5 A
- Three Fixed Switching Frequency Versions:
- TPS54290: 300 kHz
- TPS54291: 600 kHz
- TPS54292: 1.2 MHz
- Integrated UVLO
- 0.8 VREF With 1% Accuracy (0°C to 85°C)
- Internal Soft Start:
- TPS54290: 5.2 ms
- TPS54291: 2.6 ms
- TPS54292: 1.3 ms
- Dual PWM Outputs 180° Out-of-Phase
- Dedicated Enable for Each Channel
- Current Mode Control for Simplified Compensation
- External Compensation
- Pulse-by-Pulse Overcurrent Protection, 2.2-A and 3.8-A Overcurrent Limit
- Integrated Bootstrap Switch
- Thermal Shutdown Protection at 145°C
- 16-Pin PowerPAD™ HTSSOP Package
- Set-Top Boxes
- Digital TVs
- Power for DSP
- Consumer Electronics
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPS54292PWPR
The TPS54290, TPS54291, and TPS54292 devices are dual-output, fully synchronous buck converters capable of supporting applications with a minimal number of external components. It operates from a 4.5-V to 18-V input supply voltage, and supports output voltages as low as 0.8 V and as high as 90% of the input voltage.
Both high-side and low-side MOSFETs are integrated to provide fully synchronous conversion with higher efficiency. Channel 1 can provide up to 1.5 A of continuous current. Meanwhile, Channel 2 supports up to 2.5 A.
Current mode control simplifies the compensation. The external compensation adds flexibility for the user to choose different type of output capacitors.
180° out-of-phase operation reduces the ripple current through the input capacitor, providing the benefit of reducing input capacitance, alleviating EMI and increasing capacitor life.