|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 4.5-V to 28-V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Integrated 85-mΩ and 40-mΩ MOSFETs for 3-A, Continuous Output Current
- Low 2-μA Shutdown, 45-μA Quiescent Current
- Internal 5-mS Soft-Start
- Fixed 400-kHz Switching Frequency
- Frequency Spread Spectrum to Reduce EMI
- Advanced Eco-mode Pulse Skip
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Internal Loop Compensation
- Overcurrent Protection for Both MOSFETs with Hiccup Mode Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- SOT-23 (6) Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54302DDCT
The TPS54302 is a 4.5-V to 28-V input voltage range, 3-A synchronous buck converter. The device includes two integrated switching FETs, internal loop compensation and 5-ms internal soft start to reduce component count.
By integrating the MOSFETs and employing the SOT-23 package, the TPS54302 achieves the high power density and offers a small footprint on the PCB.
Advanced Eco-mode implementation maximizes the light load efficiency and reduces the power loss.
In the TPS54302, the frequency spread spectrum operation is introduced for EMI reduction.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit in both high-side MOSFET protects the converter in an overload condition and is enhanced by a low-side MOSFET freewheeling current limit which prevents current runaway. Hiccup mode protection is triggered if the overcurrent condition has persisted for longer than the present time.