|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 4.5-V to 28-V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Integrated 85-mΩ and 40-mΩ MOSFETs for 3-A, Continuous Output Current
- Low 2-µA Shutdown, 300-µA Quiescent Current
- Internal 5-mS Soft-Start
- Fixed 350-kHz Switching Frequency
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Internal Loop Compensation
- Overcurrent Protection for Both MOSFETs with Hiccup Mode Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- SOT-23 (6) Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS54308 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54308DDCR
The TPS54308 is a 4.5-V to 28-V input voltage range, 3-A synchronous buck converter. Thedevice includes two integrated switching FETs, internal loop compensation and 5-ms internal softstart to reduce component count.
By integrating the MOSFETs and employing the SOT-23 package, the TPS54308 achieves thehigh power density and offers a small footprint on the PCB.
The TPS54308 operates in force continous conduction mode (FCCM) during light loadconditions, the switching frequency is maintained at an almost constant level over entire loadrange.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit in both high-side MOSFET protects the converter in anoverload condition and is enhanced by a low-side MOSFET freewheeling current limit which preventscurrent runaway. Hiccup mode protection is triggered if the overcurrent condition has persisted forlonger than the present time.