|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Input Voltage Range:
- TPS5430: 5.5 V to 36 V
- TPS5431: 5.5V to 23 V
- Up to 3-A Continuous (4-A Peak) Output Current
- High Efficiency up to 95% Enabled by 110-mΩ Integrated MOSFET Switch
- Wide Output Voltage Range: Adjustable Down to 1.22 V with 1.5% Initial Accuracy
- Internal Compensation Minimizes External Parts Count
- Fixed 500 kHz Switching Frequency for Small Filter Size
- Improved Line Regulation and Transient Response by Input Voltage Feed Forward
- System Protected by Overcurrent Limiting, Overvoltage Protection and Thermal Shutdown
- –40°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
- Available in Small Thermally Enhanced 8-Pin SO PowerPAD™ Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS5430 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS5430DDAR
The TPS543x is a high-output-current PWM converter that integrates alow-resistance, high-side N-channel MOSFET. Included on the substrate with the listed features area high-performance voltage error amplifier that provides tight voltage regulation accuracy undertransient conditions; an undervoltage-lockout circuit to prevent start-up until the input voltagereaches 5.5 V; an internally set slow-start circuit to limit inrush currents; and a voltagefeed-forward circuit to improve the transient response. Using the ENA pin, shutdown supply currentis reduced to 18 µA typically. Other features include an active-high enable, overcurrent limiting,over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown. To reduce design complexity and external componentcount, the TPS543x feedback loop is internally compensated. The TPS5431 is intended to operate frompower rails up to 23 V. The TPS5430 regulates a wide variety of power sources including 24 Vbus.
The TPS543x device is available in a thermally enhanced, easy to use 8-pin SOIC PowerPAD™package. TI provides evaluation modules and the Designer software tool to aid in quickly achievinghigh-performance power supply designs to meet aggressive equipment development cycles.