|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Two, 30-mΩ (typical) MOSFETs for High-Efficiency at 3-A loads
- Switching Frequency: 200 kHz to 2 MHz
- Voltage Reference Over Temperature: 0.8 V ± 1%
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Adjustable Soft Start/Sequencing
- UV and OV Power-Good Output
- Low Operating and Shutdown Quiescent Current
- Safe Start-Up into Prebiased Output
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit, Thermal and Frequency Foldback Protection
- Operating Junction Temperature Range: –40°C to 150°C
- Thermally Enhanced 3 mm × 3 mm 16-pin WQFN Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS54318 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54318RTER
TheTPS54318 device is a full-featured, 6-V, 3-A, synchronous, step-down current-mode converter with two integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54318 device enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs,implementing current mode control to reduce external component count, reducing inductor size byenabling up to 2-MHz switching frequency, and minimizing the device footprint with a small, 3 mm x 3 mm,thermally enhanced, QFN package.
The TPS54318 device provides accurate regulation for a variety ofloads with an accurate ±1% voltage reference (VREF) over temperature.
Efficiency is maximized through the integrated 30-mΩ MOSFETs and a 350-µA typical supplycurrent. Using the EN pin, shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA by entering a shutdownmode.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 2.6 V, but can be increased by programming thethreshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlledby the soft-start pin. An open-drain power-good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107%of its nominal voltage. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protects the device during anovercurrent condition.
For more SWIFT™ documentation, see theTI website at www.ti.com/swift.