|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Two 45-m (typical) MOSFETs for High Efficiency at 3-A Loads
- 300kHz to 2MHz Switching Frequency
- 0.8 V ± 3.0% Voltage Reference Over Temperature (0°C to 85°C)
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Adjustable Slow Start/Sequencing
- UV and OV Power Good Output
- –40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
- Thermally Enhanced 3mm × 3mm 16-pin QFN
- Pin Compatible to TPS54318
- Low-Voltage, High-Density Power Systems
- Point-of-Load Regulation for Consumer Applications such as Set Top Boxes,
LCD Displays, CPE Equipment
SWIFT, SwitcherPro are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS54319RTER
The TPS54319 device is a full featured 6 V, 3 A, synchronous step down current mode converter with two integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54319 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs, implementing current mode control to reduce external component count, reducing inductor size by enabling up to 2 MHz switching frequency, and minimizing the IC footprint with a small 3mm × 3mm thermally enhanced QFN package.
The TPS54319 provides accurate regulation for a variety of loads with an accurate ±3.0% Voltage Reference (VREF) over temperature.
Efficiency is maximized through the integrated 45m MOSFETs and 360µA typical supply current. Using the enable pin, shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA by entering a shutdown mode.
Under voltage lockout is internally set at 2.6 V, but can be increased by programming the threshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the slow start pin. An open drain power good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107% of its nominal voltage.
Frequency fold back and thermal shutdown protects the device during an over-current condition.
The TPS54319 is supported in the SwitcherPro™ Software Tool at www.ti.com/switcherpro.
For more SWIFT™ documentation, see the TI website at www.ti.com/swift.