|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- D-CAP2™ Mode Enables Fast Transient Response
- Low Output Ripple and Allows Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 18 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 7 V
- Highly Efficient Integrated FETs Optimized for Lower Duty Cycle Applications
- 100 mΩ (High-Side) and 70 mΩ (Low-Side)
- High Efficiency, Less Than 10 µA at Shutdown
- High Initial Bandgap Reference Accuracy
- Adjustable Soft Start
- Pre-Biased Soft Start
- 700-kHz Switching Frequency (fSW)
- Cycle-By-Cycle Overcurrent Limit
- Auto-Skip Eco-Mode™ for High Efficiency at Light Load
Texas Instruments TPS54328DRCT
The TPS54328 is an adaptive on-time D-CAP2™ mode synchronous buck converter. The TPS54328 enables system designers to complete the suite of various end-equipment power bus regulators with a cost effective, low component count, low standby current solution. The main control loop for the TPS54328 uses the D-CAP2 mode control that provides a fast transient response with no external compensation components.
The adaptive on-time control supports seamless transition between PWM mode at higher load conditions and Eco-mode operation at light loads. Eco-mode allows the TPS54328 to maintain high efficiency during lighter load conditions. The TPS54328 also has a proprietary circuit that enables the device to adopt to both low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors, such as POSCAP or SP-CAP, and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors. The device operates from 4.5-V to 18-V input (VIN).
The output voltage can be programmed from 0.76 V to 7 V. The device also features an adjustable soft start time. The TPS54328 is available in 8-pin DDA and 10-pin DRC packages, and is designed to operate over the ambient temperature range of –40°C to 85°C.