|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Two 128mΩ/84mΩ MOSFETs for 3A Continuous
- Power Good
- Low 2 µA Shutdown Quiescent Current
- 0.8 V Internal Voltage Reference with ±1.5%
Accuracy Over Temperature
- Fixed-Frequency Current Mode Control
- Pulse Skipping Boosts Efficiency at Light Loads
- Overcurrent Protection for Both MOSFETs with
Hiccup Mode for Severe Fault Conditions
- Thermal and Overvoltage Transient Protection
- Available in Easy-to-Use 8-Pin SOIC
PowerPAD™ and 10-Pin SON
- Monotonic Start-Up into Pre-biased Outputs
Texas Instruments TPS54334DRCT
The TPS54334 is a 28-V, 3-A, low quiescent supply current (IQ), synchronous monolithic buck converter with integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54334 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs and implementing current mode control to reduce external component count.
Efficiency is maximized through the integrated 128mΩ/84mΩ MOSFETs, low quiescent supply current and pulse skipping at light loads. Using the enable pin, shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA by entering a shutdown mode.
The TPS54334 provides accurate regulation for a variety of loads with an accurate 1.5% voltage reference over temperature.
Cycle by cycle current limiting on the high-side fet protects the TPS54334 in overload situations and is enhanced by a low-side sourcing current limit which prevents current runaway. There is also a low-side sinking current limit which turns off the low-side MOSFET to prevent excessive reverse current. Hiccup protection will be triggered if the overcurrent condition has persisted for longer than the preset time. Thermal hiccup protection disables the part when die temperature exceeds thermal shutdown temperature and enables the part again after the built-in thermal hiccup time.