|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H1C
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C3B
- High Efficiency at Light Loads With Pulse Skipping Eco-mode™
- 92-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
- 146-µA Operating Quiescent Current and 2-µA Shutdown Current
- 100-kHz to 2.5-MHz Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Low Dropout at Light Loads With Integrated BOOT Recharge FET
- Adjustable UVLO Voltage and Hysteresis
- 0.8 V 1% Internal Voltage Reference
- 8-Pin HSOP With PowerPAD™ Package
- –40°C to 150°C TJ Operating Range
- Supported by WEBENCH® Software Tool
Texas Instruments TPS54340BQDDARQ1
The TPS54340B-Q1 device is a 42-V, 3.5-A, step-down regulator with an integrated high-side MOSFET. The device survives load-dump pulses up to 45 V per ISO 7637. Current-mode control provides simple external compensation and flexible component selection. A low-ripple pulse-skip mode reduces the no-load supply current to 146 µA. Shutdown supply current is reduced to 1 µ when the enable pin is pulled low.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 4.3 V but can be increased using an external resistor divider at the enable pin. The output voltage start-up ramp is internally controlled to provide a controlled start-up and eliminate overshoot.
A wide adjustable frequency range allows for optimization of either efficiency or external component size. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protects internal and external components during an overload condition.
The TPS54340B-Q1 device is available in an 8-pin thermally-enhanced HSOP PowerPAD package.