|Package | PIN:||PWP | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 60-m MOSFET Switches for High Efficiency at 3-A Continuous Output Source or Sink Current
- Disabled Current Sinking During Start-Up
- Adjustable Output Voltage Down to 0.9 V With 1.0% Accuracy
- Wide PWM Frequency:
Fixed 350 kHz, 550 kHz or Adjustable 280 kHz to 700 kHz
- Synchronizable to 700 kHz
- Load Protected by Peak Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown
- Integrated Solution Reduces Board Area and Component Count
- Low-Voltage, High-Density Distributed Power Systems
- Point of Load Regulation for High Performance DSPs, FPGAs, ASICs and Microprocessors
- Broadband, Networking and Optical Communications Infrastructure
- Power PC Series Processors
PowerPAD and SWIFT are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS54373PWP
As a member of the SWIFT family of dc/dc regulators, the TPS54373 low-input voltage high-output current synchronous buck PWM converter integrates all required active components. Included on the substrate with the listed features are a true, high performance, voltage error amplifier that enables maximum performance and flexibility in choosing the output filter L and C components; an under-voltage-lockout circuit to prevent start-up until the input voltage reaches 3 V; an internally or externally set slow-start circuit to limit in-rush currents; and a power good output useful for processor/logic reset, fault signaling, and supply sequencing.
For reliable power up in output precharge applications, the TPS54373 is designed to only source current during start-up.
The TPS54373 is available in a thermally enhanced 20-pin TSSOP (PWP) PowerPAD package, which eliminates bulky heatsinks. TI provides evaluation modules and the SWIFT designer software tool to aid in quickly achieving high-performance power supply designs to meet aggressive equipment development cycles.