|Package | PIN:||PWP | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 4.5-V to 28-V Input Range
- Output Voltage Range 0.8 V to 90% of Input
- Output Current Up to 3 A
- Two Fixed Switching Frequency Versions:
- TPS54383: 300 kHz
- TPS54386: 600 kHz
- Three Selectable Levels of Overcurrent Protection
- 0.8-V 1.5% Voltage Reference
- 2.1-ms Internal Soft-Start
- Dual PWM Outputs 180° Out-of-Phase
- Ratiometric or Sequential Startup Modes Selectable
by a Single Pin
- 85-mΩ Internal High-Side MOSFETs
- Current Mode Control
- Internal Compensation
- Pulse-by-Pulse Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection at +148\xC2°C
- 14-Pin PowerPAD™ HTSSOP package
Texas Instruments TPS54386PWPR
The TPS54383 and TPS54386 are dual output, non-synchronous buck converters capable of supporting 3-A output applications that operate from a 4.5-V to 28-V input supply voltage, and require output voltages between 0.8 V and 90% of the input voltage.
With an internally-determined operating frequency, soft-start time, and control loop compensation, these converters provide many features with a minimum of external components. Channel 1 overcurrent protection is set at 4.5 A, while Channel 2 overcurrent protection level is selected by connecting a pin to ground, to BP, or left floating. The setting levels are used to allow for scaling of external components for applications that do not need the full load capability of both outputs.
The outputs may be enabled independently, or may be configured to allow either ratio-metric or sequential startup sequencing. Additionally, the two outputs may be powered from different sources.