|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- D-CAP2™ Mode Enables Fast Transient
- Low Output Ripple and Allows Ceramic Output
- Wide VIN Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 18 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 7.0 V
- Highly Efficient Integrated FETs Optimized
for Lower Duty Cycle Applications
– 70 mΩ (High Side) and 53 mΩ (Low Side)
- High Efficiency, Less Than 10 µA at Shutdown
- High Initial Bandgap Reference Accuracy
- Adjustable Soft Start
- Pre-Biased Soft Start
- 650-kHz Switching Frequency (fSW)
- Cycle By Cycle Over Current Limit
- Auto-Skip Eco-mode™ for High Efficiency at Light
Texas Instruments TPS54428DRCT
The TPS54428 is an adaptive on-time D-CAP2™ mode synchronous buck converter.
The TPS54428 enables system designers to complete the suite of various end-equipment power bus regulators with a cost effective, low component count, low standby current solution.
The main control loop for the TPS54428 uses the D-CAP2™ mode control that provides a fast transient response with no external compensation components.
The adaptive on-time control supports seamless transition between PWM mode at higher load conditions and Eco-mode™ operation at light loads.
Eco-mode™ allows the TPS54428 to maintain high efficiency during lighter load conditions.
The TPS54428 also has a proprietary circuit that enables the device to adopt to both low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors, such as POSCAP or SP-CAP, and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors. The device operates from 4.5-V to 18-V VIN input.
The output voltage can be programmed between 0.76 V and 7.0 V.
The device also features an adjustable soft start time.
The TPS54428 is available in 8-pin DDA package and 10-pin DRC packages, and is designed to operate over the ambient temperature range of –40°C to 85°C.