|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Two 30-mΩ (typical) MOSFETs for High Efficiency at 4-A Loads
- 200-kHz to 2-MHz Switching Frequency
- 0.6-V ± 1% Voltage Reference Over Temperature (–40°C to +150°C)
- Start-up With Prebiased Voltage
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Adjustable Slow Start / Sequencing
- UV and OV Power-Good Output
- Cycle by Cycle Current Limit and Hiccup Current Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 3-mm × 3-mm 16-Pin WQFN (RTE)
- Pin Compatible to TPS54418
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS54478 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54478RTER
The TPS54478 device is a full featured 6-V, 4-A, synchronous step down current modeconverter with two integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54478 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs, implementing current modecontrol to reduce external component count, reducing inductor size by enabling up to 2-MHzswitching frequency, and minimizing the IC footprint with a small 3-mm × 3-mm thermally enhancedWQFN package.
The TPS54478 provides accurate regulation for a variety of loads with an accurate ±1%voltage reference (VREF) over temperature. Efficiency is maximized throughthe integrated 30-mΩ MOSFETs and 525-µA typical supply current. Using the enable pin, shutdownsupply current is reduced to 2.5 µA by entering a shutdown mode.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 2.6 V, but can be increased by programming thethreshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output voltage start-up ramp is controlledby the soft-start pin. An open-drain power-good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107%of its nominal voltage.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit, hiccup overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown protectthe device during an overcurrent condition.
For more SWIFT™ documentation, see the TI website atwww.ti.com/swift.