|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 140)|
- Two 30 mΩ (typical) MOSFETs for high efficiency
at 5-A loads
- 200kHz to 2MHz Switching Frequency
- 0.6 V Voltage Reference With ± 1% Initial Accuracy
- Adjustable Slow Start / Sequencing
- UV and OV Power Good Output
- Low Operating and Shutdown Quiescent Current
- Safe Start-up into Pre-Biased Output
- Cycle by Cycle Current Limit, Thermal and Frequency
Fold Back Protection
- –40°C to 140°C Operating Junction
- Thermally Enhanced 3mm × 3mm 16-pin QFN
Texas Instruments TPS54519RTER
The TPS54519 device is a full featured 6 V, 5 A, synchronous step down current mode converter with two integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54519 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs, implementing current mode control to reduce external component count, reducing inductor size by enabling up to 2 MHz switching frequency, and minimizing the IC footprint with a small 3mm × 3mm thermally enhanced QFN package.
Efficiency is maximized through the integrated 30mΩ MOSFETs and 350µA typical supply current. Using the enable pin, shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA by entering a shutdown mode.
Under voltage lockout is internally set at 2.6 V, but can be increased by programming the threshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the slow start pin. An open drain power good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107% of its nominal voltage.
Frequency fold back and thermal shutdown protects the device during an overcurrent condition.
The TPS54519 is supported in the SwitcherPro Software Tool at www.ti.com/switcherpro.
For more SWIFT documentation, see the TI website at www.ti.com/swift.