|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 125)|
- High Efficiency at Light Loads with Pulse Skipping Eco-mode™
- 92-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
- 146 µA Operating Quiescent Current and
2 µA Shutdown Current
- 100 kHz to 2.5 MHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Low Dropout at Light Loads with Integrated BOOT Recharge FET
- Adjustable UVLO Voltage and Hysteresis
- 0.8 V 1% Internal Voltage Reference
- 8-Terminal HSOP with PowerPAD™ Package
- –40°C to 150°C TJ Operating Range
- Create a Custom Design using the TPS54540 with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54540DDA
The TPS54540 is a 42 V, 5 A, step down regulator with an integrated high side MOSFET. Thedevice survives load dump pulses up to 45V per ISO 7637. Current mode control provides simpleexternal compensation and flexible component selection. A low ripple pulse skip mode reduces the noload supply current to 146 µA. Shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA when the enable pin ispulled low.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 4.3 V but can be increased using the enablepin. The output voltage start up ramp is internally controlled to provide a controlled start up andeliminate overshoot.
A wide switching frequency range allows either efficiency or external component size tobe optimized. Output current is limited cycle-by-cycle. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdownprotects internal and external components during an overload condition.
The TPS54540 is available in an 8-terminal thermally enhanced HSOP PowerPAD™ package.