|Package | PIN:||DPR | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High Efficiency at Light Loads with Pulse Skipping Eco-mode™
- 87-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
- 152-µA Operating Quiescent Current and 2-µA Shutdown Current
- 100-kHz to 2.5-MHz Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Low Dropout at Light Loads with Integrated BOOT Recharge FET
- Adjustable UVLO Voltage and Hysteresis
- UV and OV Power-Good Output
- Adjustable Soft-Start and Sequencing
- 0.8-V 1% Internal Voltage Reference
- 10-Pin WSON with Thermal Pad Package
- –40°C to 150°C TJ Operating Range
- Create a Custom Design using the TPS54541 with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
Texas Instruments TPS54541DPRT
The TPS54541 device is a 42-V 5-A step-down regulator with an integrated high-side MOSFET. The device survives load dump pulses up to 45 V per ISO 7637. Current mode control provides simple external compensation and flexible component selection. A low-ripple pulse-skip mode reduces the no-load supply current to 152 µA. When the enable pin is pulled low, the shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 4.3 V but can increase using an external resistor divider at the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the soft-start pin that can also be configured for sequencing and tracking. An open-drain power-good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 106% of the nominal voltage.
A wide adjustable switching-frequency range allows for optimization of either efficiency or external component size. Cycle-by-cycle current limit, frequency foldback, and thermal shutdown protect internal and external components during an overload condition.
The TPS54541 device is available in a 10-pin 4-mm × 4-mm WSON package.