|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- 40 m MOSFET Switch for High Efficiency at 6-A (7.5 Peak) Output Current
- Uses External Lowside MOSFET
- Output Voltage Adjustable Down to 0.891 V With 1% Accuracy
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- 180° Out of Phase Synchronization
- Wide PWM Frequency Fixed 250 kHz, 500 kHz or Adjustable 250 kHz to 700 kHz
- Adjustable Slow Start
- Adjustable Undervoltage Lockout
- Load Protected by Peak Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown
- 16-Pin TSSOP PowerPAD Package
- SWIFT Documentation Application Notes, and Design Software: www.ti.com/swift
- Industrial and Commercial Low Power Systems
- LCD Monitors and TVs
- Computer Peripherals
- Point of Load Regulation for High Performance DSPs, FPGAs, ASICs and Microprocessors
SWIFT, PowerPAD are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS54550PWP
The TPS54550 is a medium output current synchronous buck PWM converter with an integrated high side MOSFET and a gate driver for an low side external MOSFET. Features include a high performance voltage error amplifier that enables maximum performance under transient conditions and flexibility in choosing the output filter inductors and capacitors. The TPS54550 has an under-voltage-lockout circuit to prevent start-up until the input voltage reaches 4.5 V; a slow-start circuit to limit in-rush currents; and a power good output to indicate valid output conditions. The synchronization feature is configurable as either an input or an output for easy 180° out of phase synchronization.
The TPS54550 device is available in a thermally enhanced 16-pin TSSOP (PWP) PowerPAD package. TI provides evaluation modules and the SWIFT Designer software tool to aid in quickly achieving high-performance power supply designs to meet aggressive equipment development cycles.