|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly/Test Site, One Fabrication Site
- Extended Temperature Performance of -55°C to 125°C
- Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) Support
- Enhanced Product-Change Notification
- Qualification Pedigree(1)
- 30 m, 12 A Peak MOSFET Switches for High Efficiency at 6 A Continuous Output Source or Sink Current
- Adjustable Output Voltage Down to 0.9 V With 1% Accuracy
- Wide PWM Frequency: Fixed 350 kHz, 550 kHz or Adjustable 280 kHz to 700 kHz
- Synchronizable to 700 kHz
- Load Protected by Peak Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown
- Integrated Solution Reduces Board Area and Component Count
- Low-Voltage, High-Density Distributed Power Systems
- Point-of-Load Regulation for High-Performance DSPs, FPGAs, ASICs, and Microprocessors
- Broadband, Networking, and Optical Communications Infrastructure
- Portable Computing/Notebook PCs
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85, temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST, electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as justifying use of this component beyond specified performance and environmental limits.
SWIFT, PowerPAD are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS54610MPWPREP
As a member of the SWIFT™ family of dc/dc regulators, the TPS54610 low-input voltage high-output current synchronous buck PWM converter integrates all required active components. Included on the substrate with the listed features are a true, high-performance, voltage error amplifier that enables maximum performance and flexibility in choosing the output filter L and C components, an under-voltage-lockout circuit to prevent start-up until the input voltage reaches 3 V, an internally or externally set slow-start circuit to limit inrush currents, and a power good output useful for processor/logic reset, fault signaling, and supply sequencing.
The TPS54610 is available in a thermally enhanced 28-pin TSSOP (PWP) PowerPAD™ package, which eliminates bulky heatsinks. Texas Instruments provides evaluation modules and the SWIFT™ designer software tool to aid in quickly achieving high-performance power supply designs to meet aggressive equipment development cycles.