|Package | PIN:||RUV | 34|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 30-m&Ω MOSFET Switches for High Efficiency at 6-A Continuous Output
- Adjustable Output Voltage Down to 0.9 V With 1% Accuracy
- Externally Compensated for Design Flexibility
- Wide PWM Frequency: Fixed 350 kHz, 550 kHz, or Adjustable 280 kHz to 1.6 MHz
- Synchronizable to 1.6MHz
- Load Protected by Peak Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown
- Small 3.5mm x 7mm Package and Similar Layout to TPS54610 Reduces Board Area and Total Cost
- SWIFT Documentation Application Notes, and SwitcherPro Software: www.ti.com/swift
Texas Instruments TPS54617RUVR
As a member of the SWIFT family of dc/dc regulators, the TPS54617 low-input voltage high-output current synchronous buck PWM converter offers the same features as the TPS54610 in a small package and higher switching frequency. Included on the substrate with the listed features are a true, high performance, voltage error amplifier that enables maximum performance under transient conditions and flexibility in choosing the output filter L and C components; an undervoltage-lockout circuit to prevent start-up until the input voltage reaches 3 V; an internally and externally set slow-start circuit to limit in-rush currents; and a power good output useful for processor/logic reset, fault signaling, and supply sequencing.
The TPS54617 is available in a thermally enhanced 34 pin QFN (RUV) PowerPAD package, which eliminates bulky heatsinks. TI provides evaluation modules and the SwitcherPro design software tool to aid in achieving high-performance power supply designs to meet aggressive equipment development cycles.