|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RTE) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC Q-100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: Ambient Operating Temperature Range of –40°C to+125°C
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESDClassification Level C4B
- Two 12-mΩ (typical) MOSFETs for high efficiency at 6-A loads
- 300-kHz to 2-MHz switching frequency
- 0.8-V ±1% Voltage reference over temperature (–40°C to +150°C)
- Synchronizes to external clock
- Adjustable slow start and sequencing
- UV and OV power-good output
- Thermally enhanced 3-mm × 3-mm, 16-pin WQFN package
- Create a custom design using the TPS54618-Q1 with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54618QRTERQ1
The TPS54618-Q1 device is a full-featured 6-V, 6-A, synchronousstep-down current-mode converter with two integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54618-Q1 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs,implementing current-mode control to reduce external component count, reducing inductor size byenabling up to 2-MHz switching frequency, and minimizing the IC footprint with a small, 3-mm ×3-mm, thermally-enhanced WQFN package.
The TPS54618-Q1 provides accurate regulation for a variety of loads withan accurate ±1% voltage reference (VREF) over temperature.
Efficiency is maximized through the integrated
12-mΩ MOSFETs and 515-µA typical supply current. Using the enable pin, shutdown supplycurrent is reduced to 5.5-µA by entering a shutdown mode.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 2.6 V, but can be increased by programming thethreshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output-voltage start-up ramp is controlledby the slow-start pin. An open-drain power-good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107%of its nominal voltage.
Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protect the device during an overcurrentcondition.