|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Two 12-mΩ (Typical) MOSFETs for High
Efficiency at 6-A Loads
- 300-kHz to 2-MHz Switching Frequency
- 0.8-V ±1% Voltage Reference Over Temperature
(40°C to 150°C)
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Adjustable Slow-Start and Sequencing
- UV and OV Power-Good Output
- 40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temperature
- Thermally Enhanced 3-mm × 3-mm 16-pin WQFN
- Pin-Compatible to TPS54418
- Low-Voltage, High-Density Power Systems
- Point-of-Load Regulation for High-Performance
DSPs, FPGAs, ASICs, and Microprocessors
- Broadband, Networking, and Optical
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPS54618RTER
The TPS54618 device is a full-featured 6-V, 6-A, synchronous step-down current-mode converter with two integrated MOSFETs.
The TPS54618 enables small designs by integrating the MOSFETs, implementing current-mode control to reduce external component count, reducing inductor size by enabling up to 2-MHz switching frequency, and minimizing the IC footprint with a small 3-mm × 3-mm thermally enhanced WQFN package.
The TPS54618 provides accurate regulation for a variety of loads with an accurate ±1% voltage reference (VREF) over temperature.
Efficiency is maximized through the integrated 12-mΩ MOSFETs and 515-µA typical supply current. Using the enable pin, shutdown supply current is reduced to 5.5-µA by entering a shutdown mode.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 2.6 V, but can be increased by programming the threshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output-voltage startup ramp is controlled by the slow-start pin. An open-drain power-good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107% of its nominal voltage.
Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protect the device during an overcurrent condition.
The TPS54618 is supported in the SwitcherPro™ software tool at www.ti.com/switcherpro.
For more SWIFT™ documentation, see the TI website at www.ti.com/swift.