|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- D-CAP2™ Mode Enables Fast Transient Response
- Low-Output Ripple and Allows Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Wide VIN Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 18 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 5.5 V
- Highly Efficient Integrated FETs Optimized for Lower Duty-Cycle Applications 36 mΩ (High-Side) and 28 mΩ (Low-Side)
- High Efficiency, Less Than 10 µA at Shutdown
- High Initial Band-Gap Reference Accuracy
- Adjustable Soft Start
- Prebiased Soft Start
- 650-kHz Switching Frequency (fSW)
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Limit
- Auto-Skip Eco-Mode™ for High Efficiency at Light Load
Texas Instruments TPS54628DDAR
The TPS54628 device is an adaptive on-time D-CAP2 mode synchronous-buck converter. The TPS54628 enables system designers to complete the suite of various end-equipment power-bus regulators with a cost-effective, low-component count, low-standby current solution.
The main control loop for the TPS54628 uses the D-CAP2 mode control that provides a fast transient response with no external compensation components. The adaptive on-time control supports seamless transition between PWM mode at higher load conditions and Eco-Mode operation at light loads. Eco-Mode allows the TPS54628 to maintain high efficiency during lighter load conditions. The TPS54628 also has a proprietary circuit that enables the device to adopt to both low equivalent-series-resistance (ESR) output capacitors, such as POSCAP or SP-CAP, and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors.
The device operates from 4.5-V to 18-V VIN input. The output voltage can be programmed between 0.76 V and 5.5 V. The device also features an adjustable soft-start time. The TPS54628 is available in the 8-pin SO PowerPAD package, and designed to operate from –40°C to 85°C.