|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Power Up/Down Tracking For Sequencing
- 30-m 12-A Peak MOSFET Switches for High Efficiency at 6-A Continuous Output Source or Sink Current
- Wide PWM Frequency:
Fixed 350 kHz or Adjustable 280 kHz to 700 kHz
- Power Good and Enable
- Load Protected by Peak Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown
- Integrated Solution Reduces Board Area and Component Count
- Low-Voltage, High-Density Distributed Power Systems
- Point of Load Regulation for High Performance DSPs, FPGAs, ASICs and Microprocessors Requiring Sequencing
- Broadband, Networking and Optical Communications Infrastructure
PowerPAD and SWIFT are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS54680PWP
As a member of the SWIFT family of dc/dc regulators, the TPS54680 low-input voltage high-output current synchronous buck PWM converter integrates all required active components. Using the TRACKIN pin with other regulators, simultaneous power up and down are easily implemented. Included on the substrate with the listed features are a true, high performance, voltage error amplifier that enables maximum performance and flexibility in choosing the output filter L and C components; an under-voltage-lockout circuit to prevent start-up until the input voltage reaches 3 V; an internally or externally set slow-start circuit to limit inrush currents; and a power good output useful for processor/logic reset.
The TPS54680 is available in a thermally enhanced 28-pin TSSOP (PWP) PowerPAD package, which eliminates bulky heatsinks. TI provides evaluation modules and the SWIFT designer software tool to aid in quickly achieving high-performance power supply designs to meet aggressive equipment development cycles.