|Package | PIN:||RNV | 18|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Small 3.5-mm × 3.5-mm HotRod™ QFN Package
- Integrated 14.1-mΩ and 6.1-mΩ MOSFETs
- Peak Current Mode Control With Fast Transient Response
- 200-kHz to 1.6-MHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- 0.6-V Voltage Reference ±0.85% Over Temperature
- 0.6-V to 12-V Output Voltage Range
- Hiccup Current Limit
- Safe Start-Up into Pre-Biased Output Voltage
- Adjustable Soft Start and Power Sequencing
- Adjustable Input Undervoltage Lockout
- 3-µA Shutdown Current
- Power Good Output Monitor for Undervoltage and Overvoltage
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Non-latch Thermal Shutdown Protection
- –40°C to 150°C Operating Junction Temperature
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS54824RNVR
The TPS54824 is afull-featured 17-V (19-V maximum), 8-Asynchronous step-down DC/DC converter in a 3.5 mm × 3.5 mm HotRod™ QFN package.
The device is optimized for small solution size through high efficiency and integratingthe high-side and low-side MOSFETs. Further space savings are achieved through peak current modecontrol, which reduces component count, and by selecting a high switching frequency, reducing theinductor footprint.
The peak current mode control simplifies the loop compensation and provides fasttransient response. Cycle-by-cycle peak current limiting on the high-side and low-side sourcingcurrent limit protects the device in overload situations. Hiccup limits MOSFET power dissipation ifa short circuit or over loading fault persists.
A power good supervisor circuit monitors the regulator output. The PGOOD pin is anopen-drain output and goes high impedance when the output voltage is in regulation. An internaldeglitch time prevents the PGOOD pin from pulling low unless a fault has occurred.
A dedicated EN pin can be used to control the regulator on/off and adjust the inputundervoltage lockout. The output voltage start-up ramp is controlled by the SS/TRK pin, whichallows operation as either a standalone power supply or in tracking situations.