|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Internal 5-A, 24-V Low-Side MOSFET Switch
- 2.9-V to 16-V Input Voltage Range
- ± 0.7% Reference Voltage
- 0.5-mA Operating Quiescent Current
- 2.7-µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Fixed-Frequency-Current-Mode PWM Control
- Frequency Adjustable From 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz
- Synchronization Capability to External Clock
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Pulse-Skipping for Higher Efficiency at
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown,
and UVLO Protection
- QFN-16 (3 mm × 3 mm) With PowerPAD™
- Wide 40°C to +150°C Operating TJ Range
Texas Instruments TPS55330RTER
The TPS55330 is a monolithic nonsynchronous switching regulator with integrated 5-A, 24-V power switch. The device can be configured in several standard switching-regulator topologies, including boost, SEPIC, and isolated flyback. The device has a wide input voltage range to support applications with input voltage from multicell batteries or regulated 3.3-V, 5-V, and 12-V power rails.
The TPS55330 regulates the output voltage with current mode PWM (pulse width modulation) control, and has an internal oscillator. The switching frequency of PWM is set by either an external resistor or by synchronizing to an external clock signal. The user can program the switching frequency from 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz.
The device features a programmable soft-start function to limit inrush current during start up and has other built-in protection features including cycle-by-cycle overcurrent limit and thermal shutdown.
The TPS55330 is available in a small 3-mm × 3-mm 16-pin QFN with PowerPAD for enhanced thermal performance.