|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Internal 5-A, 24-V Low-Side MOSFET Switch
- 2.9-V to 16-V Input Voltage Range
- ±0.7% Reference Voltage
- 0.5-mA Operating Quiescent Current
- 2.7-µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Fixed-Frequency-Current-Mode PWM Control
- Frequency Adjustable From 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz
- Synchronization Capability to External Clock
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Pulse-Skipping for Higher Efficiency at Light Loads
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown, and UVLO Protection
- QFN-16 (3 mm × 3 mm) With PowerPAD™
- Wide –40°C to +150°C Operating TJ Range
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS55330 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS55330RTER
The TPS55330 is a monolithic nonsynchronous switching regulator with integrated 5-A, 24-Vpower switch. The device can be configured in several standard switching-regulator topologies,including boost, SEPIC, and isolated flyback. The device has a wide input voltage range to supportapplications with input voltage from multicell batteries or regulated 3.3-V, 5-V, and 12-V powerrails.
The TPS55330 regulates the output voltage with current mode PWM (pulse width modulation)control, and has an internal oscillator. The switching frequency of PWM is set by either anexternal resistor or by synchronizing to an external clock signal. The user can program theswitching frequency from
100 kHz to 1.2 MHz.
The device features a programmable soft-start function to limit inrush current duringstart up and has other built-in protection features including cycle-by-cycle overcurrent limit andthermal shutdown.
The TPS55330 is available in a small 3-mm × 3-mm 16-pin QFN with PowerPAD for enhancedthermal performance.