|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Internal 5-A, 40-V Low-Side MOSFET Switch
- 2.9-V to 32-V Input Voltage Range
- ±0.7% Reference Voltage
- 0.5-mA Operating Quiescent Current
- 2.7-µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Fixed Frequency Current Mode PWM Control
- Frequency Adjustable from 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz
- Synchronization Capability to External Clock
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Pulse-Skipping for Higher Efficiency at Light Loads
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown,
and UVLO Protection
- Supports Defense, Aerospace, and Medical Applications
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly and Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Available in Military (55°C to 125°C)
- Extended Product Life Cycle
- Extended Product-Change Notification
- Product Traceability
Texas Instruments TPS55340MRTETEP
The TPS55340-EP is a monolithic, non-synchronous switching regulator with integrated 5-A, 40-V power switch. It can be configured in several standard switching-regulator topologies, including boost, SEPIC and isolated flyback. The device has a wide input voltage range to support applications with input voltage from multi-cell batteries or regulated 3.3-, 5-, 12-, and 24-V power rails.
The TPS55340-EP regulates the output voltage with current mode pulse width modulation (PWM) control, and has an internal oscillator. The switching frequency of PWM is set by either an external resistor or by synchronizing to an external clock signal. The user can program the switching frequency from 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz.
The device features a programmable soft-start function to limit inrush current during start-up and has other built-in protection features including cycle-by-cycle over current limit and thermal shutdown.
The 5-A, 40-V TPS55340-EP boost converter is pin-to-pin compatible with the 3-A, 40-V TPS61175, and it extends the maximum input voltage from 18 to 32 V.