|Package | PIN:||PWP | 14|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Internal 5-A, 40-V Low-Side MOSFET Switch
- 2.9-V to 32-V Input Voltage Range
- ±0.7% Reference Voltage
- 0.5-mA Operating Quiescent Current
- 2.7-µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Fixed Frequency Current Mode PWM Control
- Frequency Adjustable From 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz
- Synchronization Capability to External Clock
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Pulse Skipping for Higher Efficiency at Light Loads
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown, and UVLO Protection
- QFN-16 (3-mm × 3-mm) and HTSSOP-14 Packages With PowerPAD™
- Wide –40°C to 150°C Operating TJ Range
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS55340 with the WEBENCH Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS55340PWP
The TPS55340 is a monolithic, nonsynchronous, switching regulator with integrated 5-A,40-V power switch. The device can be configured in several standard switching-regulator topologies,including boost, SEPIC, and isolated flyback. The device has a wide input voltage range to supportapplications with input voltage from multicell batteries or regulated
3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and 24-V power rails.
The TPS55340 regulates the output voltage with current mode PWM (pulse width modulation)control, and has an internal oscillator. The switching frequency of PWM is set by either anexternal resistor or by synchronizing to an external clock signal. The user can program theswitching frequency from
100 kHz to 1.2 MHz.
The device features a programmable soft-start function to limit inrush current duringstart-up and has other built-in protection features including cycle-by-cycle overcurrent limit andthermal shutdown.
The TPS55340 is available in a small 3-mm × 3-mm 16-pin QFN as well as 14-pin HTSSOPpackages with PowerPAD for enhanced thermal performance.
The 5-A, 40-V TPS55340 boost converter in the HTSSOP-14 package is pin-to-pin compatiblewith the 3-A, 40-V TPS61175, and it extends the maximum input voltage from 18 V to 32 V.