|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C6
- Internal 5-A, 40-V Low-Side MOSFET Switch
- 2.9 to 38-V Input Voltage Range
- ±0.7% Reference Voltage
- 0.5-mA Operating Quiescent Current
- 2.7-µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Fixed-Frequency Current Mode PWM Control
- Frequency Adjustable from 100 kHz to 2.5 MHz For limitations, see the Switching Frequency section.
- Synchronization Capability to External Clock
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Pulse-Skipping for Higher Efficiency at Light Loads
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current-Limit, Thermal Shutdown, and UVLO Protection
- WQFN-16 (3 mm × 3 mm) Package with PowerPad
- Wide –40°C to 150°C Operating TJ Range
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS55340QRTERQ1
The TPS55340-Q1 device is a monolithic non-synchronous switching converter with integrated 5-A, 40-V power switch. The device can be configured in several standard switching-regulator topologies, including boost, SEPIC and isolated flyback. The device has a wide input voltage range to support applications with input voltage from 2.9 to 38-V.
The TPS55340-Q1 device regulates the output voltage with current mode PWM (pulse width modulation) control, and has an internal oscillator. The switching frequency of PWM is set by either an external resistor or by synchronizing to an external clock signal. The user can program the switching frequency from 100 kHz to 2.5 MHz.
The device features a programmable soft-start function to limit inrush current during start-up and has other built-in protection features including cycle-by-cycle over current-limit and thermal shutdown.
The TPS55340-Q1 device is available in a small 3-mm × 3-mm 16-pin WQFN package with PowerPad for enhanced thermal performance.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.