|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Internal 5-A, 40-V Low-Side MOSFET Switch
- 2.9-V to 32-V Input Voltage Range
- ±0.7% Reference Voltage
- 0.5-mA Operating Quiescent Current
- 2.7-µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Fixed Frequency Current Mode PWM Control
- Frequency Adjustable From 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz
- Synchronization Capability to External Clock
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Pulse Skipping for Higher Efficiency at Light Loads
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown, and
- QFN-16 (3-mm × 3-mm) and HTSSOP-14 Packages
- Wide –40°C to 150°C Operating TJ Range
Texas Instruments TPS55340RTER
The TPS55340 is a monolithic, nonsynchronous, switching regulator with integrated 5-A, 40-V power switch. The device can be configured in several standard switching-regulator topologies, including boost, SEPIC, and isolated flyback. The device has a wide input voltage range to support applications with input voltage from multicell batteries or regulated 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and 24-V power rails.
The TPS55340 regulates the output voltage with current mode PWM (pulse width modulation) control, and has an internal oscillator. The switching frequency of PWM is set by either an external resistor or by synchronizing to an external clock signal. The user can program the switching frequency from 100 kHz to 1.2 MHz.
The device features a programmable soft-start function to limit inrush current during start-up and has other built-in protection features including cycle-by-cycle overcurrent limit and thermal shutdown.
The TPS55340 is available in a small 3-mm × 3-mm 16-pin QFN as well as 14-pin HTSSOP packages with PowerPAD for enhanced thermal performance.
The 5-A, 40-V TPS55340 boost converter in the HTSSOP-14 package is pin-to-pin compatible with the 3-A, 40-V TPS61175 and it extends the maximum input voltage from 18 V to 32 V.