|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 4.5-V to 28-V Input Range
- Output Voltage 0.8 V to 90% of Input Voltage
- Output Current Up to 3 A
- Two Fixed Switching Frequency Versions:
- TPS55383: 300 kHz
- TPS55386: 600 kHz
- Three Selectable Levels of Overcurrent Protection (Output 2)
- 0.8-V 1.75% Voltage Reference
- 2.1-ms Internal Soft Start
- Dual PWM Outputs 180° Out-of-Phase
- Ratiometric or Sequential Startup Modes
- Configurable as Dual Output or Two-Channel Single Output Multiphase for 6 amp Capability
- 85-Ω Internal High-Side MOSFETs
- Current Mode Control with External Compensation
- Pulse-by-Pulse Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection at +148°C
- 16-Pin PowerPAD HTSSOP package
- Set Top Box
- Digital TV
- Power for DSP
- Consumer Electronics
PowerPAD Is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective ownersPower.
Texas Instruments TPS55383PWPR
The TPS55383 and TPS55386 are dual output, non-synchronous buck converters capable of supporting 3-A output applications that operate from a 4.5-V to 28-V input supply voltage, and require output voltages between 0.8 V and 90% of the input voltage.
With an internally-determined operating frequency and soft start time, these converters provide many features with a minimum of external components. The outputs of the two error amplifiers are accessible allowing user optimization of the feedback loop under a wide range of output filter characteristics. Channel 1 overcurrent protection is set at 4.5 A, while Channel 2 overcurrent protection level is selected by connecting a pin to ground, to BP, or left floating. The setting levels are used to allow for scaling of external components for applications that do not need the full load capability of both outputs.
The outputs may be enabled independently, or configured to allow either ratiometric or sequential startup sequencing. Additionally, the two outputs may be powered from different sources.