|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- D-CAP2™ Mode at 650kHz Switching for Fast
Transient Response, Ceramic Capacitor Support
- VIN Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 18 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6 V to 7.0 V
- Advanced Eco-mode for High Light Load
- Integrated FETs Optimized for Lower Duty Cycle
– 68 mΩ (High Side) and 37 mΩ (Low Side)
- Shutdown Current Less Than 10 µA
- 1% Initial Reference Voltage Accuracy
- Soft Start with Pre-Bias Output Support
- Cycle By Cycle Over Current Limit
- Power Good Output
- Fixed Soft Start : 1.0ms
Texas Instruments TPS56428DDA
The TPS56428 is a D-CAP2 mode synchronous buck converter which is optimized for various power bus regulation needs with a cost effective, low component count, low standby current solution.
The D-CAP2 mode control provides a fast transient response with no external compensation components. This adaptive on-time control supports seamless transition between PWM mode at higher load conditions and advanced Eco-mode operation at light loads. Advanced Eco-mode™ maintains higher efficiency during lighter load conditions than traditional skip mode.
The TPS56428 also has a proprietary circuit to adopt to both low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors, such as POSCAP or SP-CAP, and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors. The device operates from 4.5-V to 18 V VIN input and its output voltage can be programmed between 0.6V and 7.0V. The device also features a fixed 1-ms soft start and a power-good output.
The TPS56428 is available in 8-pin SOIC-8 and 14-pin QFN packages designed to operate over the ambient temperature range of –40°C to 85°C.