|Package | PIN:||RSL | 48|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Intel IMVP-7 Serial VID (SVID) Compliant
- Supports CPU and GPU Outputs
- CPU Channel 1, 2, or 3 Phase
- Single-Phase GPU Channel
- Full IMVP-7 Mobile Feature Set Including Digital Current Monitor
- 8-Bit DAC with 0.250-V to 1.52-V Output Range
- Optimized Efficiency at Light and Heavy Loads
- VCORE Overshoot Reduction (OSR)
- VCORE Undershoot Reduction (USR)
- Accurate, Adjustable Voltage Positioning
- 8 Independent Frequency Selections per Channel (CPU/GPU)
- Patent Pending AutoBalance™ Phase Balancing
- Selectable 8-Level Current Limit
- 3-V to 28-V Conversion Voltage Range
- Two Integrated Fast FET Drivers w/Integrated Boost FET
- Internal Driver Bypass Mode for Use with DrMOS Devices
- Small 6 × 6 , 48-Pin, QFN, PowerPAD Package
Texas Instruments TPS59640RSLT
The TPS51640A, TPS59640 and TPS59641 are dual-channel, fully SVID compliant IMVP-7 step-down controllers with two integrated gate drivers. Advanced control features such as D-CAP+ architecture with overlapping pulse support (undershoot reduction, USR) and overshoot reduction (OSR) provide fast transient response, lowest output capacitance and high efficiency. All of these controllers also support single-phase operation for light loads. The full compliment of IMVP-7 I/O is integrated into the controllers including dual PGOOD signals, ALERT and VR_HOT. Adjustable control of VCORE slew rate and voltage positioning round out the IMVP-7 features. In addition, the controllers' CPU channel includes two high-current FET gate drivers to drive high-side and low-side N-channel FETs with exceptionally high speed and low switching loss. The TPS51601 or TPS51601A driver is used for the third phase of the CPU and the GPU channel.
The BOOT voltage (VBOOT) on the TPS51640A and TPS59640 is 0 V. The TPS59641 is specifically designed for a VBOOT level of 1.1 V.
These controllers are packaged in a space saving, thermally enhanced 48-pin QFN. The TPS51640A is rated to operate from –10°C to 105°C. The TPS59640 and TPS59641 are rated to operate from –40°C to 105°C.