|Package | PIN:||DSG | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input Voltage Range: 0.5 V to 4.4 V
- 0.9 V Minimum Input Voltage for Startup
- Output Voltage Setting Range: 1.8 V to 4.0 V
- 91% Efficiency at VIN = 2.4 V, VOUT = 3.3 V and
IOUT = 1.5 A
- 2.0-MHz Switching Frequency
- IOUT > 1.5 A at VOUT = 3.3 V when VIN > 1.8 V
- 17-µA Typical Quiescent Current
- ±2.5% Reference Voltage Accuracy over 40°C to
- PFM Operation Mode at Light Load
- True Disconnection Between Input and Output
- Output Over Voltage Protection
- Output Short Circuit Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- 2-mm × 2-mm WSON Package
Texas Instruments TPS61021ADSGR
The TPS61021A provides a power supply solution for portable or smart devices powered by alkaline, NiMH, Li-Mn, or Li-ion batteries. The TPS61021A is capable of outputting 3.3-V voltage and 1.5-A current from a battery discharged to as low as 1.8 V. Capable of operating with 0.5-V input voltage enables the TPS61021A to extend the battery run time.
The TPS61021A operates at 2-MHz switching frequency at heavy load and enters power-save mode at light load to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. The device only consumes a 17-µA quiescent current from VOUT in light load condition. During shutdown, the load is completely disconnected from the input. In addition, The TPS61021A provides 4.35-V output overvoltage protection, output short circuit protection, and thermal shutdown protection.
The TPS61021A offers a very small solution size due to low count of external components. It allows the use of small inductors and output capacitors with the 2-MHz switching frequency.
The TPS61021A is available in 2.0-mm × 2.0-mm WSON package.