|Package | PIN:||RHL | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7 to 12 V
- Output Voltage Range: 4.5 to 12.6 V
- 10-A Switch Current
- Up to 91% Efficiency at VIN = 3.3 V, VOUT = 9 V, and IOUT = 3 A
- Mode Selection Between PFM Mode and Forced PWM Mode at Light Load
- 1.0 µA Current into VIN Pin during Shutdown
- Resistor-Programmable Switch Peak Current Limit
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Programmable Soft Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection at 13.2 V
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- 4.50-mm × 3.50-mm 20-Pin VQFN Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS61088 with the WEBENCH Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61088RHLR
The TPS61088 is a high power density, fully integrated synchronous boost converter with a11-mΩ power switch and a 13-mΩ rectifier switch to provide a high efficiency and small sizesolution in portable systems. The TPS61088 has wide input voltage range from 2.7 V to 12 V tosupport applications with single cell or two cell Lithium batteries. The device has 10-A switchcurrent capability and is capable of providing an output voltage up to 12.6 V.
The TPS61088 uses adaptive constant off-time peak current control topology to regulatethe output voltage. In moderate to heavy load condition, the TPS61088 works in the pulse widthmodulation (PWM) mode. In light load condition, the device has two operation modes selected by theMODE pin. One is the pulse frequency modulation (PFM) mode to improve the efficiency and anotherone is the forced PWM mode to avoid application problems caused by low switching frequency. Theswitching frequency in the PWM mode is adjustable ranging from 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz by an externalresistor. The TPS61088 also implements a programmable soft-start function and an adjustableswitching peak current limit function. In addition, the device provides 13.2-V output overvoltageprotection, cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown protection.
The TPS61088 is available in a 4.50-mm × 3.50-mm 20-pin VQFN package.