|Package | PIN:||RNR | 11|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7 V to 12 V
- Output Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 12.6 V
- Up to 90% Efficiency at VIN = 3.3 V, VOUT = 9 V, and IOUT = 2 A
- Resistor-Programmable Peak Current Limit up to 10 A for high pulse current
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- 4-ms Built-in Soft Start Time
- PFM Operation Mode at Light Load (TPS61089)
- Forced PWM Operation Mode at Light Load (TPS610891)
- Internal Output Overvoltage Protection at 13.2 V
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- 2.00-mm × 2.50-mm VQFN Hotrod Package
Texas Instruments TPS61089RNRR
The TPS61089x represents the TPS61089 and the TPS610891. The TPS61089x is a fully-integrated synchronous boost converter with a 19-mΩ main power switch and a 27-mΩ rectifier switch. The device provides a high efficiency and small size power solution for portable equipment. The TPS61089x features wide input voltage range from 2.7 V to 12 V to support applications powered with single cell or two cell Lithium ion/polymer batteries. The TPS61089x has 7-A continuous switch current capability and provides output voltage up to 12.6 V.
The TPS61089x uses adaptive constant off-time peak current control topology to regulate the output voltage. In moderate to heavy load condition, the TPS61089x works in the pulse width modulation (PWM) mode. In light load condition, the TPS61089 works in the pulse frequency modulation (PFM) mode to improve the efficiency, while the TPS610891 still works in the PWM mode to avoid application problems caused by low switching frequency. The switching frequency in the PWM mode is adjustable from 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz. The TPS61089x also implements a built-in 4-ms soft start function and an adjustable peak switch current limit function. In addition, the device provides 13.2-V output overvoltage protection, cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown protection.
The TPS61089x is available in an extremely compact size of a 2.0-mm × 2.5-mm 11-pin VQFN package.