|Package | PIN:||RSA | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Synchronous (96% Efficient) Boost Converter
With 500-mA Output Current From 1.8-V Input
- Available in a 16-Pin VQFN 4 × 4 Package
- Device Quiescent Current: 20 µA (Typ)
- Input Voltage Range: 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Adjustable Output Voltage Up to 5.5 V Fixed Output
- Power Save Mode for Improved Efficiency at Low
- Low Battery Comparator
- Low EMI-Converter (Integrated Antiringing Switch)
- Load Disconnect During Shutdown
- Over-Temperature Protection
Texas Instruments TPS61092RSAR
The TPS6109x devices provide a power supply solution for products powered by either a one-cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer, or a two-cell alkaline, NiCd or NiMH battery and required supply currents up to or higher than 1 A. The converter generates a stable output voltage that is either adjusted by an external resistor divider or fixed internally on the chip. It provides high efficient power conversion and is capable of delivering output currents up to 0.5 A at 5 V at a supply voltage down to 1.8 V. The implemented boost converter is based on a fixed frequency, pulse-width- modulation (PWM) controller using a synchronous rectifier to obtain maximum efficiency. Boost switch and rectifier switch are connected internally to provide the lowest leakage inductance and best EMI behavior possible. The maximum peak current in the boost switch is limited to a value of 2500 mA.
The converter can be disabled to minimize battery drain. During shutdown, the load is completely disconnected from the battery. A low-EMI mode is implemented to reduce ringing and, in effect, lower radiated electromagnetic energy when the converter enters the discontinuous conduction mode.
The output voltage can be programmed by an external resistor divider or is fixed internally on the chip.
The device is packaged in a 16-pin VQFN 4-mm × 4-mm (16 RSA) package.