|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 2.5V to 6V Input Voltage Range
- 0.7A Integrated Switch
- Built-in Power Diode
- 1.2MHz Fixed PWM Frequency
- Individually Programmable Output Current
- Input-to-Output Isolation
- Built-in Soft Start
- 27V Overvoltage Protection
- 3% at 15mA Matching between Two Current Strings, Improvement from TPS61150/1
- Up to 83% Efficiency
- Up to 30kHz PWM Dimming Frequency
- Availiable in a 10 Pin, 3 × 3 mm QFN Package
- Up to 14 WLED Driver for Media Form Factor Display
- Sub and Main Display Backlight in Clam Shell Phones
- Display and Keypad Backlight in Portable Equipment
Texas Instruments TPS61150ADRCT
The TPS61150A is a high frequency boost converter with two regulated current outputs for driving WLEDs. Each current output can be individually programmed through external resistors. There is dedicated selection pin for each output, so the two outputs can be turned on separately or simultaneously. The output current can be reduced by a pulse width modulation (PWM) signal on the select pins or an analog voltage on the ISET pin. The boost regulator runs at 1.2MHz fixed switching frequency to reduce output ripple and avoid audible noises associated with PFM control.
The two current outputs are ideal for driving WLED backlight for the sub and main displays in clam shell phones. The two outputs can also be used for driving display and keypad backlights. When used together, the two outputs can drive up to 14 WLED for one large display.
In addition to the small inductor, small capacitor and 3mm x 3mm QFN package, the built-in MOSFET and diode eliminate the need for any external power devices. Overall, the IC provides an extremely compact solution with high efficiency and plenty of flexibility.