|Package | PIN:||RNW | 13|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7 V to 20 V
- Output Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 20 V
- Programmable Switch Peak Current: up to 10 A
- Two 16-mΩ FETs Integrated
- Efficiency up to 96%: VIN = 7.2 V, VOUT = 16 V, IOUT = 2 A
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: up to 2.2 MHz
- External Clock Synchronization:
200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Gate Driver for Load Disconnect
- Hiccup Short Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
- Auto PFM Operation - TPS61178
- Forced PWM Mode - TPS611781
- 3.0-mm x 3.5-mm 13-pin VQFN Hotrod Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS61178 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61178RNWR
The TPS61178x family is a 20-V synchronous Boost converter with the gate driver built-infor load disconnect. The TPS61178x integrates two low on-resistance power FETs: A 16-mΩ switchingFET and a 16-mΩ rectifier FET.
The TPS61178x uses the fixed frequency peak current mode control with the slopecompensation integrated. At the light load, the TPS61178 enters into the auto PFM mode whileTPS611781 is in the forced PWM mode.
The TPS61178x could isolate the output from input side when shutdown. Once the output isshorted, it enters into the hiccup mode to lower the thermal stress and can recover automaticallyafter the short releases. Additionally, the TPS61178x also has OVP and thermal protection to avoidthe fault operation. The TPS61178x is in a 3.0-mm x 3.5-mm 13-pin VQFN package with enhancedthermal dissipation.