|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 8-V to 30-V Input Voltage
- 50-kHz to 800-kHz Programmable Switching Frequency
- Adaptive Boost Output to White-LED Voltage
- High-Precision PWM Dimming Resolution up to 5000:1
- Programmable Overvoltage Protection Threshold at Output
- Programmable Undervoltage Threshold at Input with Adjustable Hysteresis
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time Independent of Dimming Duty Cycle
- Built-in LED Open and IFB Short Protections
- Built-in Schottky Diode Open/Short Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61197DR
The TPS61197 provides highly integrated solutions for LCD TV backlighting. This device isa current-mode boost controller driving one WLED string with multiple LEDs in series. The TPS61197adjusts the output voltage of the boost controller automatically to provide only the minimumvoltage required by the LED string to generate the setting LED current, thereby optimizing theefficiency of the driver.
The device supports direct PWM brightness dimming method. During the pulse-widthmodulation (PWM) dimming, the white LED current is turned on and off at the duty cycle andfrequency, which are determined by an external PWM signal. The PWM dimming frequency ranges from 90Hz to 22 kHz.
The TPS61197 integrates overcurrent protection, output short-circuit protection, Schottkydiode open and short protection, LED open protection, LED-string short protection, andovertemperature shutdown circuit. The device also provides programmable input undervoltage lockout(UVLO) threshold and output overvoltage protection (OVP) threshold. The device is available in a16-pin SOIC package, which is ideal for a single-layer PCB board.