|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Output Voltage Range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Up to 96% Efficiency Synchronous Boost Converter
- 3.3-V to 5-V Power Conversion with 2.1-A Output
- Input Supply Voltage Supervisor with Adjustable
- Power Save Mode for Light Load Efficiency
- Load Disconnect During Shutdown
- Output Over Voltage Protection
- Programmable Soft Start
- Power Good Output
- 2-MHz Switching Frequency
- Output Capacitor Discharge (TPS61231)
- 3 mm × 3 mm × 0.9 mm VSON Package
Texas Instruments TPS61232DRCT
The TPS6123x device family is a high efficiency synchronous step up converter with compact solution size. It is optimized for products powered by a one-cell Li-Ion battery, or a regulated power rail of 3.3 V. The IC integrates a 5-A switch and is capable of delivering output currents up to 2.1 A at a 5-V output with a 3.3-V input supply. The device is based on a quasi-constant on-time valley current mode control scheme. The typical operating frequency is 2 MHz, which allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size. The TPS61230 and TPS61231 provide an adjustable output voltage via an external resistor divider, and the TPS61232 provides a fixed output voltage of 5 V.
During light loads, the TPS6123x automatically enters power save mode for maximum efficiency at lowest quiescent currents. In shutdown, the load is completely disconnected from the input, and the input current consumption is reduced to 1.5 µA typical. The device integrates a precise low power EN comparator. The EN threshold as well as the hysteresis of the enable comparator are adjustable with external resistors and support application specific system power up and down requirements. Other features like output over voltage protection, thermal shutdown protection, and a power good output are built-in.
The devices are available in a 3 mm × 3 mm × 0.9 mm VSON package.