|Package | PIN:||YFF | 9|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 93% Efficiency at 3.5-MHz Operation
- 37-µA Quiescent Current in Normal Operation
- Wide VIN Range From 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Support VIN ≥ VOUT Operation
- ±2% Total DC Voltage Accuracy
- Light-Load PFM Mode
- Pass-through Mode by Pulling EN Low
- Thermal Shutdown and Overload Protection
- Only Three Surface-Mount External Components Required
- Total Solution Size < 25 mm2
- 9-Pin NanoFree™ (CSP) Packaging
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS612564CYFFR
The TPS61256xC device provides a power supply solution for battery-powered portableapplications. Intended for low-power applications, the TPS61256xC supports up to 800-mA loadcurrent from a battery discharged as low as 2.65 V and allows the use of low cost chip inductor andcapacitors.
With a wide input voltage range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V, the device supports applicationspowered by Li-Ion batteries with extended voltage range. Different fixed voltage output versionsare available from 3.15 V to 5.0 V.
The TPS61256xC operates at a regulated 3.5-MHz switching frequency and enters power-savemode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load currentrange. The PFM mode extends the battery life by reducing the quiescent current to 37 µA (typ)during light load operation.
In addition, the TPS61256xC device can also support the pass-through mode by pulling ENto low. In this mode, the output voltage follows the input voltage with a voltage drop by theresistance of the inductor and high-side FET.
The TPS61256xC offers a very small solution size due to minimum amount of externalcomponents. It allows the use of small inductors and input capacitors to achieve a small solutionsize.