|Package | PIN:||YFF | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 95% Efficiency at 2.3MHz Operation
- 3µA Quiescent Current in Low IQ Pass-Through Mode
- Wide VIN Range From 2.3V to 4.8V
- IOUT ≥ 4A (Peak) at VOUT = 3.35V, VIN ≥ 2.65V
- Integrated Pass-Through Mode (35mΩ)
- Programmable Valley Inductor Current Limit and Output Voltage
- True Pass-Through Mode During Shutdown
- Best-in-Class Line and Load Transient
- Low-Ripple Light-Load PFM Mode
- In-Situ Customization with On-Chip E2PROM (Write Protection)
- Two Interface Options:
- I2C Compatible I/F up to 3.4Mbps (TPS61280A)
- Simple I/O Logic Control Interface (TPS6128xA)
- Thermal Shutdown and Overload Protection
- Total Solution Size < 20mm2, Sub 1-mm Profile
Texas Instruments TPS61280AYFFR
The TPS6128xA device provides a power supply solution for products powered by either by a Li-Ion, Nickel-Rich, Silicon Anode, Li-Ion or LiFePO4 battery. The voltage range is optimized for single-cell portable applications like in smart-phones or tablet PCs.
Used as a high-power pre-regulator, the TPS6128xA extends the battery run-time and overcomes input current- and voltage limitations of the powered system.
While in shutdown, the TPS6128xA operates in a true pass-through mode with only 3µA quiescent consumption for longest battery shelf life.
During operation, when the battery is at a good state-of-charge, a low-ohmic, high-efficient integrated pass-through path connects the battery to the powered system.
If the battery gets to a lower state of charge and its voltage becomes lower than the desired minimum system voltage, the device seamlessly transits into boost mode to uses the full battery capacity.
TPS6128xA device supports more than 4A pulsed load current even from a deeply discharged battery. In this mode of operation, the TPS6128xA enables the utilization of the full battery capacity: A high battery-cut-off voltage originated by powered components with a high minimum input voltage is overcome; new battery chemistries can be fully discharged; high current pulses forcing the system into shutdown are buffered by the device seamlessly transitioning between boost and by-pass mode back and forth.
This has significant impact on the battery on-time and translates into either a longer use-time and better user-experience at an equal battery capacity or into reduced battery costs at similar use-times.
The TPS6128xA offers a small solution size (< 20mm2) due to minimum amount of external components, enabling the use of small inductors and input capacitors, available as a 16-pin chip-scale package (CSP).
The TPS6128xA operates in synchronous, 2.3MHz boost mode and enters power-save mode operation (PFM) at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.