|Package | PIN:||YFF | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 95% Efficiency at 2.3 MHz Operation
- 3-µA Quiescent Current in Low IQ Pass-Through Mode
- Wide VIN Range From 2.3 V To 4.8 V
- IOUT ≥ 4A (Peak) at VOUT = 3.35 V, VIN ≥ 2.65 V
- Integrated Pass-Through Mode (35 mΩ)
- Programmable Valley Inductor Current Limit and Output Voltage
- True Pass-Through Mode During Shutdown
- Best-in-Class Line and Load Transient
- Low-Ripple Light-Load PFM Mode
- In-Situ Customization with On-Chip E2PROM (Write Protection)
- Two Interface Options:
- I2C Compatible I/F up to 3.4 Mbps(TPS61280D)
- Simple I/O Logic ControlInterface
- Thermal Shutdown and Overload Protection
- Total Solution Size < 20 mm2, Sub 1-mm Profile
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61280DYFFR
The TPS6128xD device provides a power supply solution for products powered by either bya Li-Ion, Nickel-Rich, Silicon Anode, Li-Ion or LiFePO4 battery. The voltage range is optimized forsingle-cell portable applications like in smart-phones or tablet PCs.
Used as a high-power pre-regulator, the TPS6128xD extends the battery run-time andovercomes input current- and voltage limitations of the powered system.
While in shutdown, the TPS6128xD operates in a true pass-through mode with only 3-µAquiescent consumption for longest battery shelf life.
During operation, when the battery is at a good state-of-charge, a low-ohmic,high-efficient integrated pass-through path connects the battery to the powered system.
If the battery gets to a lower state of charge and its voltage becomes lower than thedesired minimum system voltage, the device seamlessly transits into boost mode to uses the fullbattery capacity.
TPS6128xD device supports more than 4 A pulsed load current even from a deeply dischargedbattery. In this mode of operation, the TPS6128xD enables the use of the full battery capacity: Ahigh battery-cut-off voltage originated by powered components with a high minimum input voltage isovercome; new battery chemistries can be fully discharged; high current pulses forcing the systeminto shutdown are buffered by the device seamlessly transitioning between boost and by-pass modeback and forth.
This has significant impact on the battery on-time and translates into either a longeruse-time and better user-experience at an equal battery capacity or into reduced battery costs atsimilar use-times.
The TPS6128xD offers a small solution size (< 20 mm2) dueto minimum amount of external components, enabling the use of small inductors and input capacitors,available as a 16-pin chip-scale package (CSP).
The TPS6128xD operates in synchronous, 2.3 MHz boost mode and enters power-save modeoperation (PFM) at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load currentrange.