|Package | PIN:||PWP | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 2.9-V to 18-V Input Voltage Range
- 3-A, 40-V Internal Power Switch
- Four 3-W LEDs From 5-V Input
- Eight 3-W LEDs From 12-V Input
- High-Efficiency Power Conversion: Up to 93%
- Frequency Set by External Resistor: 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- User-Defined Soft Start Into Full Load
- Programmable Overvoltage Protection
- Analog and Pure PWM Brightness Dimming
- 14-Pin HTSSOP Package With PowerPAD™
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61500PWPR
The TPS61500 is a monolithic switching regulator with integrated 3-A, 40-V power switch.It is an ideal driver for high brightness 1-W or 3-W LED. The device has a wide input voltage rangeto support application with input voltage from multi-cell batteries or regulated 5-V or 12-V powerrails.
The LED current is set with an external sensor resistor R3, and the feedback voltage thatis regulated to 200 mV by current mode PWM (pulse width modulation) control loop, as shown inTypical Application Circuit. The device supportsanalog and pure PWM dimming methods for LED brightness control. Connecting a capacitor to the DIMCpin configures the device to be used for analog dimming, and the LED current varies proportional tothe duty cycle of an external PWM signal. Floating the DIMC pin configures the device for pure PWMdimming with the average LED current being the PWM signals duty cycle times a set LEDcurrent.
The device features a programmable soft-start function to limit inrush current duringstart-up, and it has other built-in protection features, such as pulse-by-pulse overcurrent limit,overvoltage protection, and thermal shutdown. The TPS61500 is available in 14-pin HTSSOP packagewith PowerPAD.