|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||S (-55 to 175)|
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Step-Down Converter
With up to 95% Efficiency
- 3.1-V to 17-V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Adjustable Output Voltage Range From
1.2 V to 16 V
- Synchronizable to External Clock Signal up to 1.4 MHz
- Up to 1.5-A Output Peak Current
- 32-µA Quiescent Current (Typ)(1)
- High Efficiency Over a Wide Load Current
Range Due to PFM/PWM Operation Mode
- 100% Maximum Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protected
- Available in 16-Pin (PWP) QFP Package
- Down-Hole Drilling
- High Temperature Environments
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly/Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Available in Extreme (–55°C/175°C)
- Extended Product Life Cycle
- Extended Product-Change Notification
- Product Traceability
- Texas Instruments high temperature products utilize highly
optimized silicon (die) solutions with design and process
enhancements to maximize performance over extended temperatures.
(1) Reduce life time may happen when 1.5-A limit is used for long time. Please refer to the EM calculations graph.
(2) Custom temperature ranges available
Texas Instruments TPS62110HPWP
The TPS62110 is a low-noise synchronous step-down dc-dc converter that is ideally suited for systems powered from a 2-cell Li-ion battery or from a 12-V or 15-V rail.
The TPS62110 is a synchronous PWM converter with integrated N-channel and P-channel power MOSFET switches. Synchronous rectification is used to increase efficiency and to reduce external component count. To achieve highest efficiency over a wide load current range, the converter enters a power-saving, pulse-frequency modulation (PFM) mode at light load currents. Operating frequency is typically 1 MHz, allowing the use of small inductor and capacitor values. The device can be synchronized to an external clock signal in the range of 0.8 MHz to 1.4 MHz. For low noise operation, the converter can be operated in PWM-only mode. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 2 µA. The TPS62110 is available in the 16-pin (PWP) QFP package, and operates over a free-air temperature range of –55°C to 175°C.