|Package | PIN:||RSA | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly
- One Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Extended Temperature Performance of 55°C to 125°C
- Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) Support
- Enhanced Product-Change Notification
- Qualification Pedigree
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Step-Down Converter With up to 95% Efficiency
- 3.1 V to 17 V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Adjustable Output Voltage Range From
1.2 V to 16 V
- Fixed Output Voltage Options Available in
3.3 V and 5 V
- Synchronizable to External Clock Signal up to 1.4 MHz
- Up to 1.5 A Output Current
- High Efficiency Over a Wide Load Current
Range Due to PFM/PWM Operation Mode
- 100% Maximum Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- 20 µA Quiescent Current (Typical)
- Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protected
- Available in 16 Pin QFN Package
- Point-of-Load Regulation From 12 V Bus
- Organizers, PDAs, and Handheld PCs
- Handheld Scanners
Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85, temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST, electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as justifying use of this component beyond specified performance and environmental limits.
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS62110MRSAREP
The TPS6211x devices are a family of low-noise synchronous step-down dc-dc converters that are ideally suited for systems powered from a 2-cell Li-ion battery or from a 12 V or 15 V rail.
The TPS6211x is a synchronous PWM converter with integrated N-channel and P-channel power MOSFET switches. Synchronous rectification is used to increase efficiency and to reduce external component count. To achieve highest efficiency over a wide load current range, the converter enters a power-saving, pulse-frequency modulation (PFM) mode at light load currents. Operating frequency is typically 1 MHz, allowing the use of small inductor and capacitor values. The device can be synchronized to an external clock signal in the range of 0.8 MHz to 1.4 MHz. For low noise operation, the converter can be operated in PWM-only mode. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 2 µA. The TPS6211x is available in the 16 pin (RSA) QFN package, and operates over a free-air temperature range of 55°C to 125°C.